Social media is a big demand now in the industry, recent studies show that almost 90% of companies all over the world are using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram part of their marketing and advertising strategy.
Being involved with social media can be beneficial but not doing enough and proper monitoring might harm the business. Asking why to monitor? Well here are some of the reasons.
- You can get an idea on how your company or your business is being accepted. Using social media platforms is one of the easiest and more effective way on assessing your brand’s strengths and weaknesses. Social media became an avenue for people to give reviews and insights regarding a certain product and service. And since it is publicized, it is really easy to access their opinions towards your business.
- Building network for business. Through monitoring, you can definitely get greater access to a wider network. You can find other businesses that are way, way compatible to your business and then are capable of becoming potential partners, clients and customers. This can give you a great opportunity to build long-lasting relationships that can eventually lead to intellectual pursuits and can promote larger revenue in the future.
- Updated with new information. Some companies are using social media to expose news and new information in their company. So being updated with your competitors’ new endeavors, you will then be equipped with new strategies to outshine them.
- Improvement in the customer service aspect. Since social media is a fast and reliable way to tell your feelings and insights, this is also a very effective way in getting your customers’ and clients’ comments, suggestions and opinions regarding your products and services. Answering their queries in a very fast manner can definitely improve your relationship with them and thus will promote you a long- lasting subscription from them.
- Get competitive advantages. Awareness in other people’s thoughts about your brand and you competitors’ will allow you to assess your brand perception and also this will help you address problems. Giving you an edge to grab those opportunities for your business advancement.
- Taking good care of your online reputation. Being active and visible in social media can help you manage your online reputation and name real time. The more active and visible you are in the chosen social media platforms, the sooner you make amends on unfavorable messaging and the better chance of you putting security in your brand and in your business.
Social media is no rocket science. All you need to have is the time and effort to maintain them and your dedication to your customers and clients in serving them.