FARK is one of the most popular community websites out there, with over 4-million visitors monthly, publishing over 100 stories on a daily basis. With that much content being posted, you don’t want to miss a minute of it, and now you don’t have to when you use an RSS reader to keep up-to-date on the site’s latest and greatest.
Subscribe with Google Reader
1. Open Google Reader in your web brower of choice by going to www.google.com/reader.
2. Once you’re logged into your Google account, click the orange “Subscribe” button found on the left-hand menu.
3. Copy and paste Fark’s URL (www.fark.com) into the box, and click OK.
4. Volia! You’re now subscribed to the FARK RSS in Google Reader.
Subscribe with RSSOwl
1. Open RSSOwl, and navigate to the import wizard (File >> Import).
2. Click “Import feeds from a file or website”, and a the option to enter a URL will become available.
3. Enter FARK’s URL (www.fark.com) into the box, and click next.
4. Once the wizard is done finding the appropriate feed material, click “Finish”.
5. Read and enjoy!
Subscribe with RSS Bandit
Drag & Drop
1. Simply drag the URL into RSS Bandit, and the FARK.com feed will be added.
2. Read and enjoy!
1. Click the “new” button in the tool bar.
2. Enter the site’s URL (fark.com) or the URL for the FARK feed (http://www.fark.com/fark.rss)
3. Ensure “Autodiscover and verify the feed” is checked, and click next.
4. Once’s the feed is found, specify the title and catagory (if applicable/desired).
5. Skip the “Subscription credentials” page – no password or user name is needed for FARK.
6. Select any additional properties for the feed (how often it refreshes, how long items should be kept, etc) and click next.
7. Ignore the last box “Feed/Item Display” and click next. Ta-da!
8. You’re now free to read and enjoy FARK in RSS Bandit.