So you are a lover of words, a writer enthusiast and you are also looking at the possibility of an online gig and earn extra cash for something that you consider as your passion, right? But in the world of online Olympics, if you are really going to pursue blogging, there is a big chance you’ll get swallowed whole by the competition if you are not constantly feeding your subscribers.
To keep a flow of consistency, you’ll need the help of angels carrying your blogs to your subscribers, in the form of RSS readers, like FeedsAPI. 🙂
For you to be a smashing success as a newbie, you’ll have to hit two birds with one shot: first, gather as many subscribers as you can and second, feed and nourish them by delivering contents that will satisfy them.
An RSS feed (Really Simple Syndication) will do the job of pulling updated contents from your site then piles it up to a single site for your subscribers to read.
Setting up an RSS reader may look a bit complicated for newbies, but with a few steps here and there, you will be amazed at how easy you can set-up your own RSS reader to your blog.
See below for the steps:
- Choose a web feed management provider, like FeedsAPI, and sign up for an account. Selecting an RSS system that has the capability to keep you informed at how many subscribers you are currently at is a plus feature that will surely give you an overview at how your blogs are catching the attention of readers (or not).
- Add your RSS Feed to your blog (Most bloggers have used WordPress, so I’ll use this as an example).
- Gather first your blog URL and burn it using the RSS system you’ve just signed up earlier.
- After burning the RSS feed, look for the RSS Links Widget which is in the dashboard of WordPress. Drag this to the sidebar in the website, and choose what you would like to display (your posts or your comments as well).
- Create a text widget to generate an Internet Chiclet that’ll make it easier for site visitors to subscribe to your blog. An RSS icon then appears on your site linking to your RSS feed.
Congratulations! You are now ready to write and blog away to your heart’s content.
Was this post helpful? Kindly let us know in the comments below!